Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TRENDING :
    • Disney just sued the Trump administration over an ‘unprecedented’ move against ABC
    • Seattle Times – Local News and More
    • Europe Is Sanctioning Its Way Into Economic Irrelevance
    • How the ‘mommy track’ derails working women—and it’s only gotten worse
    • Popular Discount Retailer Closing More Stores
    • The Bond Crisis | Armstrong Economics
    • How to ask people for help landing a job and actually get a response
    • Phillies Make Bold Roster Moves in Wild Card Push
    Populist Bulletin
    • Home
    • US Politics
    • World Politics
    • Economy
    • Business
    • Headline News
    Populist Bulletin
    Home»Business»Elon Musk’s SpaceX wins $714 million in upcoming Pentagon launches as Blue Origin races to keep up
    Business 2 Mins Read

    Elon Musk’s SpaceX wins $714 million in upcoming Pentagon launches as Blue Origin races to keep up

    Business 2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The U.S. Space Force on Friday announced it will assign five of seven critical military missions for the coming fiscal year to Elon Musk’s SpaceX. The awards are a $714 million boon to SpaceX, underscoring the company’s continued dominance over Pentagon space contracts, despite Musk and U.S. President Donald Trump’s public falling out earlier this year. 

    United Launch Alliance (ULA) will undertake the two other launches; it was awarded $428 million for two launches, according to a press release viewed by Space News.

    SpaceX pulls ahead on Pentagon launches

    The awards are made under the National Security Space Launch Program, which earlier this year selected SpaceX, ULA, and Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin for 54 missions scheduled between fiscal 2027 and 2032 as part of its National Security Space Launch Program (NSSL)—contracts worth $13.5 billion. 

    “Space is the ultimate high ground, critical for our national security,” said U.S. Space System Command official Col. Eric Zarybnisky in a release, per Air Space and Forces.

    “We continue to assure access to that high ground. Delivering assets to the warfighter is our ultimate mission, and we rely on our strong government-industry partnerships … to successfully achieve that goal,” Zarybnisky said. Fast Company has reached out to the Space Force for comment.

    The missions assigned to SpaceX include launches for a communication satellite, three classified payloads, and a reconnaissance satellite. The Space Force makes its awards two years in advance, so these launches will likely take off in 2027. 

    Blue Origin pushes for Mars mission

    The awards also underlined the fact that Blue Origin’s New Glenn rocket—the company’s rival to SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy—has yet to be certified for national security launches. “No missions were assigned to the third provider, Blue Origin, which has its next opportunity for a mission in FY27,” Space Systems Command said in a statement, per SpaceNews.

    Blue Origin’s New Glenn is slated to launch a NASA mission to Mars as soon as the end of this month—delayed since 2024—that could bring it closer to receiving certification, however.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Disney just sued the Trump administration over an ‘unprecedented’ move against ABC

    August 19, 2026

    How the ‘mommy track’ derails working women—and it’s only gotten worse

    August 19, 2026

    How to ask people for help landing a job and actually get a response

    August 19, 2026
    Top News
    US Politics 9 Mins Read

    Trump Humiliated a Submissive Mainstream Media at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner

    US Politics 9 Mins Read

    His speech was racist, homophobic, vindictive, and soul-crushingly unfunny—and the journalists in the crowd didn’t…

    Successful men are struggling with this

    April 30, 2026

    Trump Is Lying About Antifa to Justify His Authoritarian Crackdown

    September 29, 2025

    Europe’s Inflation Spiral Is Fueling The Depression Into 2028

    May 5, 2026
    Top Trending
    Business 3 Mins Read

    Disney just sued the Trump administration over an ‘unprecedented’ move against ABC

    Business 3 Mins Read

    One of the world’s most powerful brands is standing up to Trump. …

    World Politics 1 Min Read

    Seattle Times – Local News and More

    World Politics 1 Min Read

    The Seattle Times brings you comprehensive coverage of the Pacific Northwest, delivering…

    Economy 5 Mins Read

    Europe Is Sanctioning Its Way Into Economic Irrelevance

    Economy 5 Mins Read

    Europe apparently believes it can sanction the entire world into submission. Eight…

    Categories
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Headline News
    • Top News
    • US Politics
    • World Politics
    About us

    The Populist Bulletin was founded with a fervent commitment to inform, inspire, empower and spark meaningful conversations about the economy, business, politics, government accountability, globalization, and the preservation of American cultural heritage.

    We are devoted to delivering straightforward, unfiltered, compelling, relatable stories that resonate with the majority of the American public, while boldly challenging false mainstream narratives that seem to only serve entrenched elitists, and foreign interests.

    Top Picks

    Disney just sued the Trump administration over an ‘unprecedented’ move against ABC

    August 19, 2026

    Seattle Times – Local News and More

    August 19, 2026

    Europe Is Sanctioning Its Way Into Economic Irrelevance

    August 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Headline News
    • Top News
    • US Politics
    • World Politics
    Copyright © 2025 Populist Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.